Workshop: Tutorial & training: SIP-based video calling via NRENum.net
The objective of the training is to provide NREN representatives with the technical knowledge and hands-on experience necessary to set up their own SIP communication infrastructure. As part of the workshop we step through setting up an open source Asterisk and SIP servers, configuring SIP peering service and querying the NRENum.net ENUM/DNS infrastructure.
- Introduction to SIP (Session Initiation Protocol)
- Introduction to SDP (Session Description Protocol)
- Introduction to SIP peering and NRENum.net service and what is driving
- Configuring AsteriskNOW using FreePBX
- Cisco CUBE configuration overview
- Acme Packet SBC configuration overview
Please bring your laptops with wireless access to participate in this hands on tutorial!